Eric Nelson teaches all classes for Stress Management Solutions and has taught Mindfulness for over 20 years.
Eric received his BA and MA in Social Psychology and Organizational Communication from Western Michigan University, worked as a Program Officer at the Fetzer Institute for 22 years in mind-body health and contemplative science and received mindfulness training from:
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Insight Dialogue, Metta Fondation
- Insight Meditation Society
- Chelsea Meditation
- Dzogchen Center
Eric started practicing mindfulness in 1973 and began teaching in 1986. He is the founder of Stress Management Solutions, an organization devoted to supporting individuals to fully develop their inherent gifts of health, well-being, kindness, curiosity and happiness.
Eric served as a Program Officer for 22 years at the Fetzer Institute, in Kalamazoo, MI. He developed and managed programs in the US, Middle East, Asia and India, in the fields of Complementary Medicine, Contemplative Science, and Interfaith Dialogue. He worked with a wide range of exemplars including:
- Compassion Project – Karen Armstrong
- Interfaith Dialogue – HH the Dalai Lama
- Contemplative Mind in Society – Mirabai Bush
- Contemplative Neuroscience – Richard Davidson
- Elijah Interfaith Institute – Alon Goshen-Gottstein
- UMass Medical Center – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Positive Futures Network – Fran Korten