This 9-week course builds upon Mindfulness Skills 1 and is based on the 9-stages meditation practice described in the book The Mind Illuminated by lifelong meditator and neuroscientist John Yates.
This mindfulness training system is one of the clearest road maps available for developing a successful and effective mindfulness practice. By applying stages 4-7 you will dramatically increase your capacity of attention and mindfulness and learn the various skills need to work through such difficulties as distraction (both subtle and gross), techniques to work with sleepiness and anxious mental states, learn to increase continuity of attention and reduce mind wandering and much more.
Our 9-week course teaches you advanced mindfulness practices based on Asanga’s 9-Stages of Meditation. You will learn stages 4-7, which provides a solid foundation in mindfulness practice .
This Mindfulness training will help you see that when you resist life, by either grasping onto pleasant experiences or pushing away unpleasant experiences, you create stress and suffering. You learn that by being mindfully present in your everyday life you can ride the ups and downs we all encounter and related to them with less stress, fear or anger.
What you learn:
- Stage 4 – Uninterrupted Continuity of Attention. Gross distractions subside.
- The moments of consciousness model of mind
- Stage 5 – Sustaining Full-minded Attention. Freedom from dullness with capacity to notice subtle distractions and let them go before become gross distraction.
- The mind-system
- Stage 6 – Subduing Subtle Distraction. Developing exclusive attention to the meditation object.
- The stages of the adept
- Stage 7- Exclusive attention and unifying the mind
- The nature of mind and consciousness
Registration fee $270, includes manual, handouts and on-line resources. For additional information email: StressManagementKazoo@gmail.com or call Eric @ 269-553-6621.
March 26-May 28, @ Kazoo Books, 2413 Parkview Avenue, Kalamazoo. 7-9 pm, includes Saturday Retreat, April 20 9:30-3:30 pm, Click on Pay with Card Button below. Tuition $270.